Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome



This welcome card was so easy to do. The best part about it is all the different textures that are going on. It's a busy card, but not overbearing by any means. It has a rustic feel to it, kind of like shappy chic meats the country.

My must have tool is the Cutter Kit. I love the 7-sided destressing tool. One of the biggest highlights of the destressing tool is that it adds a bit of forgiveness to cardmaking. If your lines aren't cut straight or if you are mess up somewhere along the lines, you can always destress it. That way, it looks like your mistake was on purpose!!!!
The other texture plates from the Big Shot make the it a worthy purchase all on its own. Not to mention all of the other cool features that the Big Shot can do, but by far, the texture plates are a quick and easy way to add depth and dimension to your project.
I think once the new neighbour moves in two houses down, he's a widower, I'll make another one of these cards, except in more male orientated colours. I'll attach it to a basket of cookies [I love baking and since rejoining Weight Watchers I don't DARE make cookies for myself or my husband].

Supplies:
* Stamp set: Happy Together 114314; Warm Words 115108 [retired]
* Card stock - Poppy Parade 119793; Pear Pizzazz 119795; Whisper White 100730; More Mustard 100946
* Ink - More Mustard 103162; Poppy Parade 119782
* Hemp Twine 100982
* Cutter Kit 106958
* Backgrounds 1 114512; Texturz Plates Kit #4 114531

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment