Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bleaching Technique with the Medallion Stamp




I got the inspiration for this idea from a very talented lady: Donna- another Stampin Up demo. You can view her amazing card here and all of other beautiful creations.

I used Soft Suede cardstock and ink, with a chocolate brown ribbon. I backed the face on a Very Vanilla cardstock sheet, with the new Decorative Label punch in Very Vanilla as well for the sentiment.


Using just standard household bleach, some rags, and a metal sheet I dipped the Medallion stamp into the bleached rag, then applied on the paper. I suggest that you "practice" this before a little bit on spare paper so that you get the technique down.

The best thing about this technique? When applying the second step [the now inked Medallion stamp in Soft Suede] you don't have to be perfect with it. I purposely went offline to create that "vintage" feel. I distressed the Soft Suede cardstock that the Medallion is inked on, then pasted it to Very Vanilla that had been sponged on the edges, then pasted that onto the card backing in Soft Suede.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment