Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mojo Monday Challenge

I'm trying to get more inspired with my cards, so I'm taking up as many challenges as I can. :) This card is for the Mojo Monday Challenge, MOJO178.


I used the DSP Woodland Walk for this card, marrying it with the Hostess Set Apple Blossoms and the sentiment from SAB's Bold Blossoms. I'm madly in love with the Top Note die, and since I don't have a big circle like how the challenge called for, I figured that the curves in the Top Note would work well. I cut it in half, then layered Chocolate Chip behind it to make it pop from the page.


I forgot to add on the bow, as the Mojo Monday challenge called for, so I added it on afterwards with a glue dot. I love those things!!!! Personally, I am not sure which way I like it better, with the bow or without. Here's what it looks like without the bow.


This is a close up of the ribbon. All I did was apply sticky red tape, then pinched the ribbon onto it to create this effect. It's super easy but gives a stunning texture appeal.


Materials:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip.
DSP: Woodland Walk
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Stamps: Apple Blossoms, Bold Blossoms
Accessories: Pearls, Crochet Trim Chantilly, Big Shot Die Top Note

~~

2 comments:

  1. I like the bow, it's a keeper!! and that woodgrain paper is divine with that stamp set, Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete