Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blending Colours Card


I Versamarked the love weeds onto the glimmery white cardstock. Then, I used clear emobossing powder to define the love weeds. After that, I sponged on Pretty in Pink, added a hint of Tempting Turquoise to the top of the love weeds, then sponged the rest in Perfect Plum. I used an aqua painter to [very lightly] blend the colours together, finishing off with one last sideways rub of the Perfect Plum sponge.


I then sponged the edges of the image and adhered it to another glimmery white cardstock as my base. I then scored in 4 lines, all a 1/8 of an inch away from each other, on each side of the image.

I got my inspiration from MnFroggie's stunning card who got her idea from K. Dunbrook's amazing card both of these cards were my inspirations.

Both of colours combination that they used are fantastic together. The reason behind my colour decision was because the lady who passed away [my husband's mother-in-law's Mother], her favourite colour was purple. I didn't have any leafy or weed type stamps so that's why I used the Valentines Defined.

Materials:
Inks: Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Versamark
Paper: Glimmery White Cardstock
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Valentines Defined
Other: Clear embossing powder.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment